Monday 8 June 2009

Cupcake Craft Challenge #43 - Colour Challenge

This week's challenge is a colour challenge given to us by Ida. Now I haven't done many Colour Challenges before so please bear this in mind when you read the rest of this post.

Colour Challenge

What a challenge it was! I really struggled with this one. I made 3 cards on Saturday and just didn't like them at all, I eventually gave up and decided I would start over again on Sunday Morning. So I got up and did this card in about 20 minutes. I'm thinking that maybe I should have just done something else completely on Saturday because I don't think my Mojo was around at all. And to top it off, I've just realised that the challenge was also a card for kids. Oh well, kids have friends too! don't they? We'll just imagine that this is for a very mature kid.


Do have a look at the rest of the Design Team's cards, at least everyone else read the instructions better than I did.

Supplies Used:
1. Card - SU! Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink, and Yoyo Yellow CS
2. Papers - Over te Rainbow by Kay Miller
3. Stamps - SU! Occasional Greetings
4. Embellishments - On Board Blossoms and Basics chipboard Photo Corners
5. Tools - Paper Piercing Tool and Template from the SU! Crafter's Tool Kit
6. Mediums - SU! Stampin' Write Markers

10 comments:

Zarah said...

I think it's wonderful - and it's very suitable for a kid! Imagine how perfect it'd be for any child to deliver that to their best friend on their birthday, along with a little gift, nicely wrapped in similar colours... It's be super! Great job! :D

Lilacanglia said...

Its fantastic,
Love the colours,
Hugs
Angie

Steph said...

Aw bless you - I know what you mean though, happened to me loads of times! Fab card in the end though. x

Unknown said...

I think its lovely, Yes kids do have friends

Anonymous said...

Its lovely hun & my niece would love it she's 14 so technically (is that how you spell that?) she is still a child!! Helen x

Liza said...

I've been struggling with my mojo too, I have loads of half made cards done! You have done a great job with this one, as always, and I love the layout.

Liza x

Caryn said...

PMSL - I was half way through another card when I remembered the "kids" part myself!! You're not alone there. I love this card Jeanette, the papers go so nicley together and matting looks fab.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Nicki said...

I think this is really sweet too! lovely colours too!
Nicki
x

Donna said...

ROFL Jeannette, If I had a £1 for every challenge I've misread lol! Gorgeous card and such a beautiful colour combo, very nice indeed :) Donna x

Erin... said...

This is fantastic!! Such a great layout and sentiment!