Tuesday 9 June 2009

Bordering Blue Meets Paisley

Have you ever looked at a colour and thought yeah, ok. Then actually used it and thought Wow! Bordering Blue was my yeah, ok colour and now I just love it. I've used the Paisley Background stamp on Whisper White, I tried it on coloured card using coloured inks and VersaMark on Kraft but it didn't quite have the effect I was looking for. Next I'll try white on colour and see what that's like.


I used white grosgrain ribbon which I put on the ink pad and covered with a piece of sponge then holding the sponge down I pulled the ribbon through at an even pace to colour in Bordering Blue. I find this works better than using MArkers as you get an even coverage and a perfect colour match.

Supplies Used:
1. Card - White from Stah, SU! Whisper White and Bordering Blue CS and Textured CS
2. Papers - None
3. Stamps - SU! Paisley Background Stamp and SU! Wonderful Words
4. Embellishments - SU! White Grosgrain Ribbon coloured with SU! Bordering Blue Ink Pad
5. Tools - SU! Piercing Tool and Template
6. Mediums - SU! Classic Stampin' Pad Bordering Blue

10 comments:

Emma said...

This is such an elegant and classy card. I haven't got that colour pad but will being putting in an order asap thanks to your wonderful inspiration - thank you x

Nicki said...

This is so lovely Jeannette. really lovely colour, and that stamp! COR! love it!
Nicki
x

Lilacanglia said...

Elegant, pretty,
Hugs
Angie

cardsandacuppa said...

Gorgeous card Jeannette, I love this background stamp, and the colour is lovely. Great tip for colouring ribbon, Thanks ;0)
Hugs S.J. xx

scotspanda said...

gorgeous! love it hun :o) great tip for colouring the ribbon

lotsalove

AManda xxx

Bettythebaglady said...

Jeannette You are so on a roll this week. Love that picture you've done and the sentiment card. Those sentiments are beautiful-oh and the colour challenge Love BettyXXX

Anonymous said...

Wow Jeannette this is stunning, honey and a fab tip for the ribbon too thanks for sharing.

Donna said...

Oh wow Jeannette, this is such an elegant card and I agree about the beautiful colours, absolutely gorgeous card :) Donna x

Donna said...

Oh wow Jeannette, this is such an elegant card and I agree about the beautiful colours, absolutely gorgeous card :) Donna x

Yvonne said...

Such a pretty card. love the samped background.. another beautiful card from you. x