Tuesday 9 October 2007

Arty Girlzs Challenge #4

This week's Arty Girlzs Challenge is "Glueless". In other words the Girlzs would like us to use another medium other than our usual pva's, glue sticks and double sided tape.

I thoroughly enjoyed this one and I'm really pleased with the result. Again I've gone for something very Plain and Simple. I cut 4 slits into my Base Card and slipped a corner of the backing paper into each one. I then cut out two Patterned Tags, Stamped a Single Daisy 3 times using the masking technique, attached both with Brads and edged the card with Chocolate Brown Ink.


For the Backing Paper I used one from Manuela Zimmermann's The Circle of Life Kit from Daisy Company. I overlayed it with the doodle (from the same kit) on both corners and then shrunk it down to size before printing. The Daisy Stamp is from The Stampman's Double Delights Unmounted Stamps

Close-up to see the detail of the Tag.

15 comments:

Crissi Harvey said...

aw Jeanette what a scrummy card love the blue and brown combo. love that stamp to, and you have met the challenge perfectly totally glueless.

Thanks for sharing and joining in with the Arty girls challenges

Crissi XX

Julie Allain said...

WOW WOW WOW I'm totally in love with your card it is so fab!!

Thanks for once agan joining in with Arty Girlz challenges Jeannette :) xx

Sally said...

Lovely card Jeanette, I've decided to have a go at this challenge and hopefully I will post up my effort tomorrow.
Like the colours you used.
Sally
x

Marlou McAlees said...

this is fab!!! clever idea with the slits and thoses doodle stamps are beautiful :)

Andrea, said...

Fab card, love the idea of cutting slits to hold the card

Dawn Wheeler said...

Well done ,realy clever idea the stamps are realy pretty,Dawnx

Unknown said...

What a clever idea,I love using brads but find myself reaching for the glue and doulble sided tape because it is quicker.
I like the colour that you have used also

Wendy

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

lovely - love the blue and distressed look

jane

Maria said...

Very pretty card. I love the swirls and flowers and the color combo is great.

Awesome job!

Maria

Anne said...

Wehey!! Well done for rising to this challenge!! Brilliant card!!

Alhambra Club said...

This is such a fantastic card, love it.

My Paper World said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours!

Dawn♥ said...

Beautiful card! Love all the stamping and colors!

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leave that sweet comment! HUGS!

Storm said...

pretty card, love that flower stamp.

Deb said...

Fabulous card, love those flourishes and the daisies. fab job with the corners for a glueless finish!